Comprehensive treatment for prostate and other cancers
Various types of cancer are of particular concern to men, such as prostate, lung, skin and colorectal cancers. Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center offers comprehensive care that combines advanced technology, medical expertise and a full range of services to address the needs of men living with cancer.
Minimizing your risk of cancer
As part of Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center’s comprehensive care, our cancer care specialists are dedicated to preventive education to help you lower your risk of developing cancer. By incorporating these healthy habits into your lifestyle, you can reduce your risk:
- Avoid all tobacco products and secondhand smoke.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise 30 minutes or more daily.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, and avoid high-fat foods.
- Wear sunscreen or protective clothing outdoors to protect yourself from the sun.
- Abstain from drinking alcohol or practice moderation if you drink.
- Take early detection seriously and talk to your doctor about screenings that are appropriate for you.