Hospitalists ensure a continuum of care
When your child is admitted to Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center, their inpatient care will be carefully managed by our pediatric hospitalist. Since primary care doctors focus on outpatient care, hospitalists ensure a continuum of high-quality care while you’re in the hospital. Hospitalists are available 24 hours a day, every day to ensure your child receives excellent care by:
- Coordinating and managing inpatient care, including communicating with your child's primary care doctor, arranging tests and following up on results, and fulfilling any pre- or post-operative needs.
- Communicating directly with you and your family to ensure you're well informed.
- Handling any urgent situations.
- Coordinating your child's discharge from the hospital and follow-up care with your child's primary doctor or other health care professionals.
Specializing in your child's unique needs
Hospitalists are dedicated to making your child's stay at Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center as efficient as possible. They play a key role in coordinating care with nurses, doctors and other specialists during your child's stay, and:
- Are available 24 hours a day to answer your questions and provide care.
- Check in with you regularly to keep you informed of tests results or other care-related issues.
- Adjust your treatment regimen as needed.
- Meet regularly with all levels of hospital staff to ensure a consistent plan of treatment among all caregivers.
Our pediatric hospitalist is just one more way we provide our patients with exceptional care.