Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center Receives Healthgrades® Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award™ for 4th Consecutive Year
Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center Receiv...
Resources and Support
Get trusted information about surgical weight loss (bariatric surgery) to help you decide whether this type of surgery is for you, and to explain your options from pre-surgery through recovery.
Browse our Surgical Weight Loss Center Health Library
Mini Gastric Bypass
Benefits of Laparoscopic Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB), a life-changing alternative to traditional bypass surgery includes:
- Excellent weight loss of 60-80% of excess body weight at one year after surgery
- Shorter operative time - typically less than one hour
- Shorter hospital stay (averaging 1.1 days compared to an average of 3.8 for gastric bypass statewide)
- Minimal complications (2.3% compared to an average of 16%*)
- Easily reversible and revisable procedure (laparoscopically)
- Helps resolve related health issues such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol and sleep apnea
* Benchmarks published in the National University HealthSystem Consortium Benchmark Study in Bariatric Surgery