Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center Receives Healthgrades® Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award™ for 4th Consecutive Year
Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center Receiv...
- The majority of dieters regain the weight they lose within five years. But they could avoid doing so by gradually changing their eating and exercise habits.
Obese people who undergo weight loss surgery appear to reduce their risk of heart attack, stroke and death, Swedish researchers report.
These seven proven principles can increase your chances of weight-loss success now--and for the long term.
Mini Gastric Bypass
Benefits of Laparoscopic Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB), a life-changing alternative to traditional bypass surgery includes:
- Excellent weight loss of 60-80% of excess body weight at one year after surgery
- Shorter operative time - typically less than one hour
- Shorter hospital stay (averaging 1.1 days compared to an average of 3.8 for gastric bypass statewide)
- Minimal complications (2.3% compared to an average of 16%*)
- Easily reversible and revisable procedure (laparoscopically)
- Helps resolve related health issues such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol and sleep apnea
* Benchmarks published in the National University HealthSystem Consortium Benchmark Study in Bariatric Surgery