Bariatric Weight Loss Services
At Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center, we understand how challenging weight loss can be. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than one third of American adults are morbidly obese, increasing their risk for heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and certain cancers, and keeping them from an active and happy life.
We also know that it’s never too late to take control. Our bariatric program offers proven solutions and compassionate support when traditional options haven’t worked. Like other men and women we have helped, we are here to help you enjoy your own life-changing success.
Meet Our Physician
Cesare P. Peraglie M.D.
Colon & Rectal Surgery
Mini Gastric Bypass
Dr. Peraglie offers mini gastric bypass surgery at Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center. Benefits of laparoscopic mini gastric bypass (MGB) may include:
- Weight loss of 60-80% of excess body weight at one year after surgery
- Shorter operative time - typically less than one hour
- Shorter hospital stay (averaging 1.1 days compared to an average of 3.8 for gastric bypass statewide)
- Minimal complications (2.3% compared to an average of 16%*)
- Easily reversible and revisable procedure (laparoscopically)
- Helps resolve related health issues such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol and sleep apnea
*Benchmarks published in the National University HealthSystem Consortium Benchmark Study in Bariatric Surgery